Being a Realtor in San Diego, I found it interesting to know the top 10 & best suburbs in San Diego…
I found the top ten cities by my trusted website, about.com. I took the reseach further and researched how many homes in those particular cities sold in the past 3 months and what the average home sold for…Hopefully you find this interesting and useful like I did :)
1. Poway-Poway is known for its award winning schools and epicenter of business headquarters. Poway is also known as the “city in the country”…In the past 90 days, 102 homes have sold! The average home is 4bedrooms, 2 bathrooms at a sales price of $602,000.
2. Chula Vista- This city obviously ranks number 2 since it is the second largest metropolitan city in San Diego! Chula Vista is home to Cricket Wireless Ampitheater, Knotts Soak City and the new Westfield Mall, Plaza Bonita. The average home in Chula Vista is 4bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. In the past 3 months 422 homes sold at an average sales price of $316,217.
3. La Mesa- La Mesa exudes old charm & character. This city also is home to Mount Helix, where many mansions lie boasting of beauty and craft. If you ever visit in La Mesa, visit the Village in La Mesa-a whole Boulevard of shops, restaurants and businesses…*also where my office lies* :) The average home in La Mesa is 3bedrooms,2bathrooms. In the past 3 months, 95 homes sold at a sales price of $385,924.
4. Carlsbad- The beachy,casual, non-commercialized city. With high home prices, median income families and high level of education, Carlsbad is one of San Diego’s wealthiest cities. Carlsbad offers so much to do! From shopping at the outlet mall, K1 speed racing, the flower fields, the beaches & MORE! Surprisingly, 211 homes have sold in the past 3 months with an average of 4bedrooms 3bathrooms and at a high of $764,517 sales price!
5. Santee- This city has increasingly grown over the past decade…Oftenly confused with Lakeside, Santee has become much more metropolitan with its large and brand new shopping center & trolley system! Santee is also home of Mission Trails park, which has beautiful open fields and trails to take your family to hike, bike or play! The average home sales price in Santee is $313,086 with an average of 3bedrooms,2bathrooms and 74 home sales in the past 90 days!
6. Escondido-Home to Legoland & Wild Animal Park. Founded in 1888, Escondido is one of the oldest cities in San Diego. It is also ranked #11 out of 25 cities in America as one of the most conservative cities in America! With 283 homes sold in the past 90 days, the average home has 3bedrooms, 3bathrooms with an average sales price of $341,199.
7. San Marcos- San Marcos is one of the fastest growing cities in San Diego, with new housing, retail and businesses it is predicted to only keep growing. San Marcos is known for its University, CSUSM and Palomar College. With an average sales price of homes at $376,762, 64 homes sold in the past 90 days!
8.Encinitas- If you have ever been to Encinitas, or you live there you will easily agree with me that it has an urban, eclectic beach style and feel. With hip & healthy cafe’s, clothing stores that feature a beauty salon inside and the beaches…OH THE BEACHES! Not to mention the gorgeous homes…With an average sales price of $803,830 Encinitas takes 2nd place as the most expensive place to live in this list! With an average of 4bedrooms,3bathrooms 66 homes have sold in the past 3 months.
9. Ramona- True rural living right here!!! Known as a cowboy/farmer town with homes on over an acre of a lot and a quaint downtown area. Sounds beautiful and wonderful for a getaway…There is a commute out to Ramona, but truly is beautiful! Since December, 86 homes in Ramona have sold with an average of 3bedrooms, 2bathrooms for an affordable sales price of $311,923.
10. Coronado/Rancho Sante Fe/Del Mar- Only if you can afford to live in these GORGEOUS cities…Coronado is close to downtown and a sweet getaway from the city yet being close to home…My favorite places in Coronado? Obviously the Hotel Del, MooTime Ice creamery, Emerald Surf, Silver Strand campgrounds & Loews Hotel Coronado. Rancho Sante Fe & Del Mar…Que BONITA! Opening day at the races anyone? With the true and beautiful mansions of San Diego, Hip&Designer shops in downtown Del Mar and luxury cars crawling the streets. My dream is to own a home here one day :) I combined all these cities together to pull an average sales price/beds&baths/#of home sales…On average combined, 414 homes sold since December in these 3 cities at an average of $2,263,696 to be exact ;)
If you have thought of moving to one of these beautiful cities or any other beautiful cities that San Diego has to offer, I am here to help! I have keys to the city & have access to what is available…Whether you are looking for your first home, second or 10th home I can help you. Foreclosures, short sales, traditional sales…I know them all! Allow me to be your open book of resources for homes in San Diego county. I love this city and I enjoy helping you find your dream home!
*these pictures are not to scale on the average sales price per city.*